Dr. Prakash is M.Sc., Botany with Cytogenetics and Genetics specialization from Osmania University, Hyderabad and Ph.D. Life Sciences Plant Biotechnology (Tissue Culture & Genetics) from Devi Ahilya University, Indore. He has qualified GATE and NET examinations, presented research data and papers in National and International conferences and published original research articles in National and International journals of high repute. Dr. Prakash was selected and awarded with several prestigious awards. To name a few,
- Selected and awarded with for Jewel of India award, New Delhi in 2005.
- Selected and awarded for the award of Life Time Achievement Gold medal 2005.
- Selected for Academic Excellence award 2005.
- Selected for Gem of India award, 2006
- Received Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Memorial Award of Excellence for the services rendered by him to the Humanity in Education by International Holistic Medical Association, SriLanka
Dr. Prakash developed skills of editing scientific literature and he has edited 10 volumes of Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology and writing books on Biotechnology, Microbiology and related areas for the benefit of scientific community.
He had worked as Chairman, Board of Examinations for Biotechnology (UG) for 2007 – 2008. He is a Life Time member of several Scientific and professional bodies like Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy and Fellow of International Society for Biotechnology , Karnataka Cancer Society, Bangalore, Karnataka.
Dr. Prakash worked as Director, AMC Educational Institutions and Principal, City College, and well versed with preparation of institutional data for inspections, affiliations under BU, AICTE and accreditation procedures of NAAC and NBA etc,.
Presently Dr. Prakash is Principal of Administrative Management College, Bangalore and his focus is to implement quality policy for assessment of educational institutions under AMC – CITY Group of Institutions, Bangalore.