Mechatronics Engineering focuses on the intelligence, design, programming and control of smart devices, intelligent systems and robots.
Mechatronics Engineering incorporates the disciplines of Mechanical, Computer, Software and Electronics Engineering; its integrative approach means that practitioners tend to be generalists who can apply their skills to many roles and industries. A typical programme tends to involve:
Core Mechatronics program consists of software design, digital control, signal processing, analog and digital circuit design, actuators and sensors, systems modelling, microcontroller systems and industrial automation. These basic fundamentals give you the right knowledge to understand: the mechanical functioning of smart systems and robots; the intelligence of autonomous systems; motion sensors; and product design.
Mechatronic Engineering careers:
Mechatronic engineers work in all aspects of the development of the smart machine – from testing and design right through to manufacture. This could be in industries like medical, robotics and assistive technology, manufacturing, human-machine interaction, unmanned aerial and ground vehicles and education.
As a Mechatronic engineer
Here are some things one might be expected to do in their job:
- Developing new solutions to industrial problems using mechanical and electronic processes and computer technology.
- Designing and building completely new products by integrating distinct technologies.
- Maintaining and improving previous industrial and manufacturing processes and designs.
- Designing, developing, maintaining and managing high technology engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Applying mechatronic to the transfer of material, components or finished goods.
- Applying mechanical and electronic processes and computers to tasks where the use of human may be dangerous.
- Carrying out modelling, simulation and analysis of complex mechanical, electronic or other engineering systems using computers.
- Applying advanced control systems, which are usually computer-driven.
Students who have completed 10+2 with good marks in academics. CET or COMED-K Exams to be compulsory taken.
BE degree extends over a period of four academic years.