The major objective of the counselling center is to facilitate academic, emotional, social and cognitive development of the student hence to empower them in their learning and personal development.
- Certified in Cognitive assessment called Cognitive Process Profiling by Magellan Consulting, South Africa (Regular) developed by Dr. S. M. Prinsloo (1994).
- Worked as Research Assistant in SSC (Service Selection Centre) under Senior Psychologist (Scientist ‘F’) for 2 year.
- Worked as Psychologist in St.John’s Institute of Population Health and Clinical Research Bangalore for project titled “Nestle Iodine Pregnancy Study” Under Dr.Srinivasan, Psychiatrist since 3 years experience under him.
- Session includes interested students from all the branches irrespective of their semesters.
- To monitor the student’s regularity and discipline.
- To enable the parents to know about the performance and regularity of their wards.
- Improvement of teachers- student relationship.
- Counselling students for solving their problems and provide confidence to improve their quality of life.
- Guiding students to choose right career path for job, higher studies, entrepreneurship etc.
- One to one counselling sessions
- Psychological support for students with difficulty in academic performance.
- Motivation session for bright performers.
- Psychometric tests (neuropsychology tests etc.)
- Academic pressure
- Loneliness and homesickness
- Adjustment difficulties
- Peer pressure
- Relationship issues
- Family problems
- Behavioral problems (anger outburst, lying etc.)
- Low confidence and self esteem
- Depression, anxiety and other mental health problems
- Substance abuse
What they say
"Stop doubting yourself, work hard and make it happen", this is what AMC college thought me in the past 4 years. It's always not appropriate to expect everything from the college and not give anything in return. Most of the times our disheveled behavior leads to a lot of issues related to our career. The placement training provided was just stupendous and worth the number of days. I would like to thank the HOD of ECE department Mrs. Uma Reddy ma’am for recognizing my capabilities and giving me the motivation and support to do things which otherwise I thought was never my cup of coffee. A huge thanks to the placement officer Mr. Shaikh sir who is always been a constant support and a backbone in anything related to placement activities. Also a warm thanks to all the faculty members, supporting staffs and my dear friends. I would like to end this with a quote that says "always prefer to earn it so that it makes you appreciate it more".Ashish S (Placed in IBM)
Moving from a student phase to an employee phase is a wonderful opportunity. I am thankful to our Placement officer for providing me an opportunity and getting placed in Tech Mahindra, I would like to thank our Faculties and our Placement trainers for seeding confidence and motivation. Everyone has a dream, everyone has a story, everyone has a reason but people will listen to you only when you succeed. I dream there's a long journey ahead, So don't settleKarthik R (Placed in Tech Mahindra)
"It is true that students are the brand ambassadors of college". It does not matter to which college you belong to, it's the matter of quality of education and getting into the corporate world by utilizing them. It was my great journey in AMCEC in the department of ISE. There were many seminars, placement training activities that helped us to boost ourselves and increased our confidence level. Our Placement Officer Mr. Shaikh Moonirul Haque a friendly person who addresses students in all his busy schedule helped us to know about the interview process prior to the actual drives by conducting placement training in pre final year on soft skills and quant which helped us to crack the interview. I would like to thank our Principal, HOD of ISE and all out faculty for what I am today.Vivekanda (Placed in Qspider)
The final was all about placements. The entire year was a mixture of nervousness and anxiety. But all of the placement process went on very smooth because of our Placement Officer Mr. Shaikh. He was like the backbone for us in every step of the placement process and got us many companies.The placement training which we received helped us to know what we were good at and made us realize the areas that we had to improve I am very grateful to the college, placement officer and the lecturers for their continuous support and encouragement.Pooja R (Placed in ITC Infotech & Amazon)
Hello friends it’s a great moment for me to join AMCEC as the college is really good and faculties are very cooperative. Having such a big campus and a cool environment around makes it a best and perfect place to study.Rishabh Mehrotra
The best preparation for tomorrow is during ur best today......here teachers helps u out to make ur today best......Kashifa Azami