Mechanical Department Accomplishments 2018
- Mechanical Engineering department accredited by NBA for 3 years.
- Received financial assistance for seven final year projects from KSCST, Bengaluru during the academic year 2017-2018.
- Commercialization of “Advanced automatic prosthetic limb” approved by KSCST.
- Mechanical Engineering department, students participated in the One day orientation programme on "Biofuels" Organized by KSCST at GKVK, Bengaluru.
- BMW has considered AMCEC as one of the Center Of Excellence and has contributed a BMW engine of 2L capacity.
- Toyota Kirlosker motors has given consent to establish a Center Of Excellence in the Engine and Transmission at AMCEC, Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Prof. Shanthala presented a technical paper at BARC, Mumbai.
- Establishment of Product Design Studio and CFD Lab.
- Mechanical students participated in KSCST state level project exhibition.
- Mechanical Engineering student Tejesh R, participated in the quiz competition conducted by ISRO.
- NBMRCOM in AIIMS Rishikesh, conducted Bio Medical Convention on 15th Oct 2018, the Faculty and staff have won two Prizes in poster presentation and in oral presentation with a cash prize of 11,000/- Rupees.
- Mech-Mela 3.0 an entrepreneurship initiative for third year was successfully conducted during Colosseum-2017-18.
- Mobile Indira Canteen designed by Incube came to reality.
- GATE coaching classes are being conducted.
- Mechanical students participated in the fashion show conducted by Jain College and won 2nd place.
- Automated software for OBE indigenously developed by the Mechanical Department.
- Two faculties Mr.Gangadhar Sharma and Mr.Kumarswamy registered for Ph.D. at VTU in the year 2018.
MECH MELA - 2018
‘MECH MELA’ is a student Entrepreneurship initiative to encourage blooming business plans by budding Engineers of Mechanical department. Many students creative ideas, skills, and new approach of business plan towards the vast penetration into target student crowds are nourished, guided and nurtured to bring into reality.
stream for the project titled “AUTOMATED PROSTHETIC LEG”Conducted by
KSCST, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE (IISC) Bengaluru.
Recycled Combined HDPE and LLDPE Polymer Matrix Composite Pipes
Level JUDO Competition,held at PES College of Engineering, Mandya.