INNOVATIONS BY THE FACULTY IN TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Faculty using with physical models and 3D models at the time of teaching - Drawing Class.
- Use of modern teaching aids like LCD projectors, Interactive boards with wireless pad, Document camera, Interactive panel, Internet enabled computer systems, Wi-Fi enabled laptops are usually employed in classrooms and other student learning environments.
- The Department has a well-maintained Learning Management System (Pupil-pod) where study Materials, Lecture notes, Lesson plans etc., are shared to the students.
- Expert video subject lectures delivered by the various eminent resource persons are available in the digital library and it facilitates the faculty and students to utilize e-Tutorials of NPTEL, access e-Journals, Video Conference room, etc.
- Faculty members use visual library, digital library, solid edge and other Open Source platforms to make the subject easy to understand.
- A copy of e-learning material is kept in individual department and in digital library.
- The faculty members are encouraged to participate in short term courses, FDP and workshops on advanced topics to keep pace with the advanced level of knowledge and skills. Over the past years the faculties have been participating/presenting papers in National/International Conferences and publish their articles in National/International Journals to enrich their knowledge.
- Students are encouraged to participate in National level Project Exhibitions to exhibit their technical skills which build the confidence among the students to face the challenges and solve the real-world problems.
- The lesson module materials prepared by the faculties are available in college website as well as digital library to benefit the students.
- Using animation by All type of mechanism- Design Class
- To enhance the Job Opportunities in European Countries German Language Class is conducted.
- Mini Projects are encouraged and Project Exhibitions are organized every year in the Department.
- Finite element analysis of Bar Beam truss and plate Heat transfer and Vibration Problems Validation done by Using ANSYS.
A pure non-conventional approach to improve the teaching and learning process where the students should be effectively imbibing the qualities to remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate and create the strong concepts of engineering. Process that is followed
VARK model deals with overlapping approaches of
AURAL heard contents are resided better in memory
VISUAL knowledge is effectively memorized and also for longer time and understand better.
KINESTHETIC is a hands-on experience which effectively understand and working process where student analyses principle of working in real time, apply it where ever required.
READ and WRITE communication of his knowledge is only through his literature and it is read by following generation.
To attain certain model-based education criterion
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering;
(b) An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
(c) An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs;
(d) An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams;
(e) An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
(f) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
(g) An ability to communicate effectively;
Apart from a conventional chalk and talk the registrable teaching techniques have to be adopted and followed, some of them are
- Make them reside key points in class after end of explanation
- Divide class into sectors and ask them raise points of advantages disadvantages and applications of topic selected
- Raise a skeptical topic as debate topic and ask students to debate on and finally explain the core concept to verdict on scepticality
- Live analogies imbibed in class
- Using of projector for showing PPTs, videos and working principles.
- Visual demonstration of scaled prototypes of the working models
- There are qualitative improvements in the teaching learning process
- As an open source there is wide reach and room for improvement by peer review feedbacks resulting in quality step up.
- Students’ enthusiasm hike has forced them to search and bring relevant documents, journals and videos on the topic.
- There is an improvement in number of mini projects from 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students
- Better understanding and interactions from student's end
- Improvements in skill set of students in fabricating and developing a prototype
- Creative thinking indulged in young minds
- Innovation urge imbibed in students
- Dismantling and assembling of working models which provides a Hands-on experience to students.
- Make some set of groups among students of same class assign demonstration with prototype fabrication models so that there drives a competitive spirit to learn improve skills and also better understandings.
- Take students to industrial visits.
Read and Write
Assignments to go visit nearest workshop to understand real time problems and gain clarity about principle. Write up their observations
Teachers are sources of Interconnecting labs and theories and principles and hence we need to explain and conduct relevant experiments in lab so that student experiences liveliness in subject.
- If something good for teaching and learning, we go to the extreme and do it constantly.
- If students learn better by teaching, they should be allowed to teach and share their knowledge constantly.
- Teachers are encouraged to solicit student feedback on their teaching constantly from day one.
- rain the students to learn the learning process.
- Take the role of the teacher “out of the loop”.
- Empowering the students with skills for life-long learning
- To ensure different learning needs are catered to rather than just following a predefined plan.
- Making sure the whole class is “In – Sync” with the material being taught. Making sure the class, both teaching and learning aspects, are constantly on track by day one
Teach students to identify need statements of real world and solve it efficiently by implementing the core engineering knowledge gained.
Some of the Working Mechanisms used are
- Four bar chain
- Rack & pinion
- Whitworth quick return motion.
- Crank and slotted lever mechanisms
- Acker man’s steering mechanisms
- Porter governor
- Pendulum pump
- Beam engine
- Geneva wheel
- Toggle mechanism
- Ratchet & Pawl
- Pendulum pump
- Robert’s Mechanism
- Oldham’s coupling
- Scotch Yoke mechanism
- Elliptical trammel
- SI Engine
What they say
"Stop doubting yourself, work hard and make it happen", this is what AMC college thought me in the past 4 years. It's always not appropriate to expect everything from the college and not give anything in return. Most of the times our disheveled behavior leads to a lot of issues related to our career. The placement training provided was just stupendous and worth the number of days. I would like to thank the HOD of ECE department Mrs. Uma Reddy ma’am for recognizing my capabilities and giving me the motivation and support to do things which otherwise I thought was never my cup of coffee. A huge thanks to the placement officer Mr. Shaikh sir who is always been a constant support and a backbone in anything related to placement activities. Also a warm thanks to all the faculty members, supporting staffs and my dear friends. I would like to end this with a quote that says "always prefer to earn it so that it makes you appreciate it more".Ashish S (Placed in IBM)
Moving from a student phase to an employee phase is a wonderful opportunity. I am thankful to our Placement officer for providing me an opportunity and getting placed in Tech Mahindra, I would like to thank our Faculties and our Placement trainers for seeding confidence and motivation. Everyone has a dream, everyone has a story, everyone has a reason but people will listen to you only when you succeed. I dream there's a long journey ahead, So don't settleKarthik R (Placed in Tech Mahindra)
"It is true that students are the brand ambassadors of college". It does not matter to which college you belong to, it's the matter of quality of education and getting into the corporate world by utilizing them. It was my great journey in AMCEC in the department of ISE. There were many seminars, placement training activities that helped us to boost ourselves and increased our confidence level. Our Placement Officer Mr. Shaikh Moonirul Haque a friendly person who addresses students in all his busy schedule helped us to know about the interview process prior to the actual drives by conducting placement training in pre final year on soft skills and quant which helped us to crack the interview. I would like to thank our Principal, HOD of ISE and all out faculty for what I am today.Vivekanda (Placed in Qspider)
The final was all about placements. The entire year was a mixture of nervousness and anxiety. But all of the placement process went on very smooth because of our Placement Officer Mr. Shaikh. He was like the backbone for us in every step of the placement process and got us many companies.The placement training which we received helped us to know what we were good at and made us realize the areas that we had to improve I am very grateful to the college, placement officer and the lecturers for their continuous support and encouragement.Pooja R (Placed in ITC Infotech & Amazon)
Hello friends it’s a great moment for me to join AMCEC as the college is really good and faculties are very cooperative. Having such a big campus and a cool environment around makes it a best and perfect place to study.Rishabh Mehrotra
AMCEC placement is very good in last year average salary 4.5 p.aMohit Kashyap
A JOURNEY FOR THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A FIRST STEP.. and taking admission in AMCEC is my first big step for success in career .... feeling proud to be a student of one of the best engineering college in bangalore. Awesome campus and excellent faculties for the respective courses.Yobish Das
The best preparation for tomorrow is during ur best today......here teachers helps u out to make ur today best......Kashifa Azami