WORKSHOP PRACTICE LAB
MACHINE SHOP LAB
MATERIAL TESTING LAB
FOUNDARY AND FORGING LAB
MECHANICAL MEASUREMENTS AND METROLOGY LAB
FLUID MECHANICS LAB
ENERGY CONVERSION LAB
HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER LAB
DESIGN LAB COMPUTATIONAL MECHANICS LABORATORY
In view of the great need to train our students more effectively and extensively in Computer simulation of Engineering Problems , a beyond the syllabus “ Computer Simulation Laboratory” is started in the college. The objectives of the lab., its requirements, responsibilities of the faculty in charge of the lab., the Programme Objectives that the lab. is expected to map/cover, the facilities provided and the software the lab. Is equipped with etc., are detailed below.
The lab cover all phenomena related to Mechanical Engineering Science, which includes Mechanical Engineering, Aircraft Engineering, Automobile Engineering etc., Students and faculty across semesters and disciplines have expressed their interest in this laboratory. Many have joined the lab.
Stated Objectives of the Computational Mechanics group/laboratory are listed below:
* To prepare second and third year ME students for better final year projects
* To help increase placement chances of our students
* he department lacks a CFD lab and also a programming lab : this lab is to fill that lacuna
* To offer consultancy to industry and to Educational Institutions.
* To provide a platform for faculty and students to publish their work
* To train students in use of mechanical engg software, both commercial and otherwise
* To train students in the development of computer codes to solve equations governing various phenomena related to Mechanical Engg Sciences.
* To acquaint and train students and faculty in the use of the third method of investigation namely Numerical Analysis.
* Organizing FDPs, workshops ,seminars, talks , symposiums, etc.., on topics related to numerical analysis
* To teach students content beyond syllabus and to help the department fill up any gap in NBA Programme Outcomes, especially PO2, PO3, PO4, PO5 and PO10.
* To provide faculty of AMC involved in research work an effective design tool to corroborate their experimental findings.
> A large room with :
o Seating facility for 20 to 30 people
o 4 desktops
o Stationary such as Attendance Registers, files, etc.,
o Printers and associated consumables: one color printer
o Projector with screen
> Linux Operating system CD (Mandriva OS is preferred)
> Internet facility
Incube Product Design Studio
*IPDS* is a womb of hibernating thoughts and concepts to congeal, metamorphosize and reify to reality!
A place where revoluting abstracts are evoluting in to alluring technical marvels!
Product design studio layout consists of:
-->Clay modelling work benches
-->Master drafting table
Brainstorming area place for students to sit and brainstorm ideate and jot down product parameters and requirements
Light boxes place to ideate concepts conceptual sketching of products
Drafting region place where scaling is done from crude form to actual measurements
Clay modelling work benches to convert 2 d drafts to 3 d modelling for better understanding of contours and corrections and final 3D model is re-measured and sent to drafting region
Master draft table us place where we do final life scale drafts of models and analyze in life size paper models before sending to DFM.