About the Department
- Started in the year 1999 with an intake of 240 students
- Celebrated the “INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF CHEMISTRY (IYC-2011)”.
- The department boasts of 2 Doctorates Specialized in different domains of Chemistry.
- The Faculty Published over 60 Research Papers in reputed International Journals with a High Impact Factor range between 1.5 -7.5 over the past 6 years.
- Faculty Published a Text Book in “Engineering Chemistry” as per the New VTU -CBCS Syllabus.
- 8 Students are pursuing their Ph.D. Program at the AMC –Chemistry Research Centre affiliated to VTU Belagavi and Tumkur University
- Presented a Researchproject proposal to DST, titled “The preparation of nano powders by cost-effective routes and their application as bio-ceramic / high energy capacitor / magnetic material”for a grant of 1.15 Crores.
- Two of the faculty members pursuing their Ph.D.programme under VTU Belagavi and completed the course Examination and Comprehensive Viva.
- One of the research scholar received “Ragiv GandhiNational Fellowship”(RGNF) from UGC for a period of 5 years
- Chemistry Research centre labs are equipped with Distillation plant ,Digital Spectrophotometers, Flame Photo meters &PH Meters etc.
- “ECO- ETHICS” day will be celebrated annually as a part of the Environmental awareness program.
- Producing consistently 85-95% Results in VTU Theory & Practical Examinations.
- Conducting a National Conference on “Recent Advances in Applied SciencesRAAS-2016” on 25th April 2016.
Dr V Venkata Lakshmi , HOD, Department of Chemistry Successfully completed two NPTEL CoursesDr V Venkata Lakshmi , HOD, Department of Chemistry Successfully completed two NPTEL Courses