EQUAL OPPORTUNITY CELL
Administrative Management College, Bangalore has established the Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC) under the XIIth Plan scheme of UGC in order to abolish the social discriminations that the students belonging to marginalized groups, identified as SCs, STs, OBC (non-creamy layer), minorities, physically challenged, face barriers of denial of access to materials, cultural and educational resources. The cell promotes the deserving, yet socio-economically disadvantaged students. All these students are entitled to services offered by the Equal Opportunity Cell. EOC is dedicated towards ensuring that students from across-socio-religious backgrounds are able to access our pedagogical and extra-curricular resources and infrastructure with safety and dignity, and towards promoting diversity and inclusivity within and without the college.
The Objectives of the Equal Opportunity Cell in our college shall be:
- To promote equal opportunity through sensitization and awareness programs on policies and schemes for SC/BC/OBC/Minorities/Physically challenged.
- To provide avenues of skill development and to enhance employ ability.
- To provide them access to opportunities thorough guest-lectures and broaden their knowledge.
- To ensure utilization of resources allotted for development of marginalized groups by the UGC/State Government or other agencies from time to time.
- To provide guidance and counselling to students with respect to academic, financial, social and other matters.
- To promote leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- To equip the students with the skills required to face the challenges of life.