M.Tech.(Thermal Power Engineering)
Thermal power engineering is a broad field of engineering that provides a very strong analytical and technical competence in various aspects in the area. Thermal Power Plants have an increasingly dominant role to play in the vital power generation sector. The course helps to explore techniques for viable methods to harness energy from wind, solar and biomass as well as to explore the sustainable energy production methods from conventional energy sources. The program is specially designed to meet the demands of both industry and research establishments. Thermal Power Engineering enables the development of long term solutions to meet the world’s rapidly growing energy needs using alternative energy services such as wind, solar & biomass as well as sustainable energy production from existing sources such as coal and gas.
Candidates should have BE or B.Tech. degree in relevant specialization with an aggregate of 50% marks Students are admitted through PGCET conducted by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission
1) SSLC or 10th Standard or its equivalent marks card (Original).
2) PUC or +2 or its equivalent marks card (Original)
3) All 3 year marks statement of Bachelor’s degree
4) Provisional degree certificate from the college last attended or degree certificate from the University
5) Caste certificate (Original)
6) Income certificate (Original)
7) Transfer Certificate (Original)
8) Migration certificate for the students coming from outside Karnataka and CBSE/ICSE Students (Original)
9) Physical fitness certificate from any Regd. Medical Practitioner (Original)
10) 3 Passport size and 1 stamp size colour photographs.
11) Passport size parents photo 2 each.
12) Further, the students so admitted in our Institution should invariably possess at least Five sets of xerox copies of all the documents mentioned above along with 10 passport and 10 stamp size colour photographs. (Three sets of Xerox copies has to be produced at the time of admission)
13) The students belonging to SC/ST and other categories should submit xerox copies of caste certificate, income certificate while applying for students scholarships.