Department of Physics
About the Department
- The Department of Physics was started in 1999 during the inception of the Institution.
- The Department of Physics have highly qualified, dedicated and sincere faculty members. Three faculty members are doctorate holders and the other two faculty members are pursuing for their Ph.D degree.
- The Department of physics offers courses for first and second semester undergraduate students of all branches. The Department of physics is having well equipped sophisticated labs.
- The faculties are actively engaged in research activities. Some of the areas of interest are Nanocomposites, Conducting polymers, Single crystals.
- The Department of physics has visiting faculties of Industrial/ Institute experience. Their expertise helps the students for exposure of their knowledge in research and industry.
- The Department of physics has students club “PHYSIKA” under “Basic science forum”. The activity of the club provides a unique platform for all branches of students to exhibit their innovative ideas and creativity.
- The NSS activities like Blood Donation camp, Green environment activities are also being conducted for the first year students to create the awareness of their social responsibilities to the society.