DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
The department of electronics and communication was established in the year 2004, accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) a premier board promoting quality technical education in India, and Afflicated TO VTU Belgaum and recognised by AICTE NEW DELHI.
The AMC’s electrical and electronics program is rated as one of the best under graduate program offered in Bangalore with an intake of 60 seats annually; it is one of the core departments in AMC engineering college headed by AG NATRAJ. The faculty members are well qualified and have more than 20 years of experience in teaching field.
The department has smart class rooms and well equipped laboratories. The department has grabbed 04 gold medals and 03 ranks from VTU till date. The academic activities of the Department lays emphasis on deep understanding of fundamental concepts, development of creative ability to handle the challenges of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and the analytical ability to solve engineering problems which are interdisciplinary in nature.
Faculty members of the department are acting as paper referees of national and international journals. The department is proud to have distinguished alumni doing excellent professional work at the global level.
The AMC’S electrical and electronics engineering is considered as one among the best electronics and communication engineering course offered in Bangalore the AMC’S electrical and electronic engineering involves. In Studying of diverse streams like, Automatic control, Power Electronics, Power systems, Lighting, High Voltage Engineering, Embedded Systems, Circuit Simulation and Power Generation.
To evolve into centre of excellence in Electrical and Electronics engineering for bringing out contemporary engineers for serving nation and society.
- To achieve the highest quality in the academic programs and research work to remain competitive in the changing world scenario.
- To transform each student into a confident, knowledgeable, honest and humane individual with ability to synchronize with emerging technologies and capability to solve real-life engineering problems.
- To serve the community and stakeholders in the field of electrical and electronics engineering through collaborative research.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Apply their knowledge and skills of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to solve complex problems in Industry / Government Organization and to pursue higher education & research.
- Work as effective individual or in team with professionalism, ethical values and social responsibilities to manage multi-disciplinary projects.
- Update their knowledge continuously through lifelong learning to excel in their career
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- The graduate will be able to apply the knowledge acquired from strong fundamentals of Mathematics, Science and Engineering Subjects to identify, formulate, design and investigate complex Engineering Problems of Electrical and Electronics to pursue successful career/higher studies.
- Be a professional to apply appropriate techniques and Modern Engineering Software tools to design and develop Electrical Systems, also engage in lifelong learning and successfully acquire leadership qualities, communication skills, ethical attitude, achieve competence to excel individually, work efficiently in a team and become an entrepreneur.
PROGRAMS IN THE DEPARTMENT
UG-BE : Electrical and Electronics Engineering
PG_M.Tech : Power System Engineering
PROGRAM ASSESSMENT COMMITTEE (PAC) - The PAC is constituted with the following members